Oriental rugs should be professionally hand-cleaned every 2 to 3 years, depending on the type of rug and level of foot traffic. This not only protects your rug's value, but also your health as Oriental rugs absorb pollutants and allergens from their environment.
When it comes to antique, semi-antique, and new Oriental rugs, it's critical to hire an experienced, professional Oriental rug cleaner like Oriental Rug Specialists. For more than 86 years, our family has been hand cleaning Oriental rugs and properly removing odors, dust, and stains, including pet urine stains, food stains, oil stains, ink stains, wine stains, and more. In fact, we've been trusted to clean thousands of Oriental rugs for satisfied customers throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Diego Counties. Our prices are fair, and we offer convenient pickup and delivery services free of charge. We'll drive to your home or business and handle all the logistics for you, such as moving furniture, unhooking suspended Oriental rugs, lifting heavy Chinese wool rugs (up to 400 lbs), and more. Once your area rug is cleaned, we return it to its original position.
You can be sure that your Oriental rug will be properly cleaned as we never use abrasive scrubbing machines, corrosive chemicals, or rudimentary automated systems. Instead, we take the time to accurately assess your Oriental rug's fibers and dyes, and then treat it accordingly, further taking into account its age, condition, and usage. We use a combination of our family's time-tested, Oriental rug hand washing methods, and highly effective dust removal, submerging, disinfecting, and sanitizing techniques. We'll also make sure to rinse your Oriental rug as many times as necessary until clear, almost drinkable rinse water is attained. While more time consuming, this cleaning method is by far the industry's safest way to clean Oriental rugs, including Afghanistan rugs, Persian rugs, Belgium rugs, Bokhara rugs, Chinese rugs, Couristan rugs, Flokati rugs, Indian rugs, Karastan rugs, Kilim Moroccan rugs, Navajo rugs, Pakistani rugs, Sisal rugs, Stark rugs, Turkish rugs, Tribal rugs, and more. For this reason, we back all of our area rug cleaning jobs with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Call today for a free Oriental rug cleaning estimate provided over the phone or at your home or business.
About Our Oriental Rug Cleaning Process:
- Complimentary Inspection & Estimate: We offer free estimates over the phone or at your home or business in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, or San Diego. We'll assess your Oriental rug for stains and damage, and provide you with a fair and accurate estimate. Upon your written approval, your rug will be tagged for safe-keeping and brought to our warehouse for proper cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Also known as "dry particulate soil evacuation," our pre-cleaning process uses compressed air to safely remove any loose dirt, grit, or sand.
- Decontamination Bath: We use a special decontamination treatment to protect the natural fibers in your Oriental rug. Decontamination baths are necessary to neutralize odors and contamination caused by urine, insect infestations, mold, mildew, and smoke.
- Hand Washing: For a thorough cleaning, we submerge your Oriental rug in a "Jacuzzi" bath, aided by compressed air for a gentle agitation, and hand-wash it according to our family's long-established method.
- Rinsing: We completely rinse away all soils and cleaning agents until the rinse water achieves a clean and clear state.
- Drying: Using a controlled atmosphere drying room, we will safely and thoroughly dry your Oriental rug.
- Final Detailing: Your Oriental rug will undergo a final inspection and receive final spotting treatments to remove any foreign matter. This is always done with consideration for the integrity of your rug's fibers and dyes.
- Repairs and Restoration (for an additional fee): At Oriental Rug Specialists, we also offer the industry's finest Oriental rug repair and restoration services. Once your Oriental rug is properly cleaned, our highly trained and experienced master weavers can repair and restore your Oriental rug in a manner consistent with how it was originally made until it achieves a like-new condition and appearance. Click here to learn more about our Oriental rug repair and restoration services.
- Safeguarding & Preventative ULTI-MAT Underlayments (for an additional fee): Our team is also skilled in protecting Oriental rugs from future damage and premature deterioration. We offer curling prevention, double wrapping, rubber stripping, rug softening, moth proofing, and more. We also offer the Ulti-Mat, an area rug pad that protects both your rug and your hardwood or carpet floor. It also keeps your rug from moving or slipping across your floor. Call us today to learn more and to obtain a free price quote.
2 Generations of Experience
- 20% off rug repair and restoration for large oriental area rugs & tapestries
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Expert Hand Wash
- Professional Fringing
- Master Weaver, Repairs & Restoration
- Pet Stain Removal
- Pet Urine Removal
- Food/Wine Stain Removal
- Mold Treatment
- Smoke Odor Removal